Friday 19 June 2009

The most boring friday in the history of mankind.

So, as I start writing this it is 7:20pm and yet another day has been wasted. Too many days this week have been spent playing 'cannons' (http://www.playray.com/games/play/cannons) and dancing to Mr Roboto in the style of My Name is Earl (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6Mus_KbQD0&feature=related) when getting a direct hit and it has to stop.
In desperation at the lack of job/money, I decided to do a basic search on the Job Centre website, applying for every job that came up without even looking what it was. A quick check later in the day revealed one of the positions was a Biology teacher. Seeing as the highest qualification I hold in Biology is a Double Award C at GCSE, I won't hold out much hopes for that one...
Something else which has been filling my days is the Facebook game Bejeweled Blitz. If the government ever finds out about this day destroying game, it will be classed just below Heroin in the addictive stakes and regular players forced into rehab. It's got the biggest 'one more game' factor since Football Manager, and if you value your family/job/education, don't go down this dangerous road. For some of us it is already too late, but you can still save yourself from this menace.
Not even the BBC news website has been able to distract me from the never ending boredom, with a disturbing lack of goat related articles. Clearly not big fans of my blog as yet.
The undoubted highlight of my week has been my appearance on the front cover of a book. This is no mean feat, seeing as the writer of the Bible didn't even think to put Jesus on the front, and that was his own son. Ben 1 - Jesus 0.

I'm holding the inflatable FA Cup just underneath the Cardiff badge if you were wondering. Still waiting for the inevitable invite to play lead man in the film tie in.
So far I have amassed 3 followers to this blog, and I bet they're all having more fun than me stalking journalists, playing the harmonica and training on Jetman I imagine. With yet another brave warrior in my circle of friends lost to the almighty girlfriends thumb, things aren't looking good for not just this Friday, but all future Fridays. The Confederations Cup seemed to offer some respite from the boredom, but the South African fans recreating the noise of millions of seriously pissed off bees has even done the seemingly impossible and ruined football for me.
I'll be back with another blog update soon if I don't black out from boredom quicker than an MP's expenses report, but for now I'll leave you with the words of a great scholar.

Domo Arigato, Mr. Roboto
Domo Arigato, Mr. Roboto

No comments:

Post a Comment